Hi Parents! We’re so excited to have your child in our Creative Arts Preschool Program. Here are 4 Things you should familiarize yourself with in order to prepare for a great year!
- Watch the video from CAPP Director, Ms. Megan
- View the slide show that provides an overview of what you need to be prepared for a great year.
- Note our learning targets
- Pack for your first day!
Our CREATIVE ARTS PRESCHOOL Learning Targets are:
- Independence & Responsibility: Keeping up with belongings (baskets allow for responsibility of taking and returning personal items, changing your own shoes, etc.)
2. Classroom Expectations: Being attentive, accepting feedback, and following multi-step directions are several of the areas we focus on when adapting to our CAPP routines.
3. Specific Age-Appropriate Skills: Holding scissors, properly holding a pencil, reading comprehension, and writing skills are primary overall goals for our curriculum. Students participate in small group activities, with a teacher, that are tailored to their level and needs. Students are assessed formally and informally to maximize their growth. We utilize all opportunities to teach students to be independent thinkers and learners.
4. Learning through play: Students will participate in STEM activities, dramatic and imaginative play, art, and games to continue hands on learning and mastery of their learning targets. During this time Ms. Megan will work with students individually or in a small group. She will use this time to help target any areas students in which the students need extra practice. Our dramatic play station will change monthly and will correlate to our monthly theme. Dramatic play helps students learn to regulate emotions, use math and language arts skills in a real world scenario, practice empathy, use creative problem solving skills, and practice taking turns.